Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thoughts of a Pregnant Woman

I can hardly believe that I am down to counting days! This is me, 37 weeks pregnant, on a good day. Good days consist of ones that I shower, put on some makeup, and wear something other than a large t-shirt on top and pants with some sort of elastic waistband on bottom. I just want to take a moment to write down some thoughts that I have had throughout this experience. Day-to-day random thoughts that in any other situation I would never have enter my mind, but in this world of pregnancy are completely legitimate!

  1. Is this baby a boy or a girl?
  2. Will it have red hair?
  3. 3 kids...am I ready for this?
  4. Who will this baby look like?
  5. Will I really be able to lose the weight this time?
  6. I just ate feta cheese...isn't that on the "no-no" list?
  7. Which one of my 3 shirts should I wear today? (Pants are never an issue...there is only one pair of those!)
  8. Are my two other children really safe as I lay on the couch and instruct them through pushing a chair over to the pantry, climbing to the 3rd shelf, and getting the raisins down to eat.
  9. Please, please, please let the varicose veins go away after all of this!
  10. Does Nate have any clue what I am going through?!
  11. Seriously, if I bump one more thing with my belly.
  12. I don't crave one type of food, I enjoy them all.
  13. I really should shower today...but there is always tomorrow.
  14. Hiccups...again?
  15. I hope the delivery goes well.
  16. Don't people know not to ask for anything during a contraction?
  17. Nap or clean? Nap or clean? Nap!
  18. You think this is emotional? I'll show you emotional! (Then I will apologize the next day)
  19. Why did my mom go through this 11 times?
  20. I know they say you can't induce labor yourself...I'll show them! (never works!)
  21. Is it really that much fun for the baby to see how many times it can kick me in 10 seconds?
  22. What are we going to name this baby? (still a question...we have no idea!)
  23. Everyone says "You look so good!". What is that supposed to mean! Seriously!

Well, I am sure the list can go on and on, but I will end it there. Feel free to comment and add any that I have forgotten!

Oh! I should say that the doctor has set up the 27th for the arrival of baby McArthur #3. Our fingers (well, my fingers!) are crossed for earlier because I keep hearing about how big this baby is from the doctor, and to be honest I am pretty scared!

9 comments:

emily said...

ELEVEN DAYS??!! Hip Hip! I'm so excited for you, JoAnn. I have no idea how you are handling the suspense of not knowing. I love you and miss you so much...wish I could be there right when he/she comes out.

For me I would have to add to your list, "praise to high heaven for prilosec otc."

and probably a few other inappropriate comments, courtesy of Jared...

kallunkimom said...

In response to # 23: You look really good means: From the back, you can't even tell you're pregnant! Even from the front and side you don't look like you're far enough to deliver. Most women would KILL to look as good as you do at seven months, much less at 9!
You are just one of those "Great Pregant Women" who carry babies really well so shut up, accept it and enjoy it!!!!

John said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was, "Man, she looks good!" So it was totally funny to see that at the bottom of the list. Maybe what it means is, "Shoot, I know I looked worse than that!" All of them made me laugh though. I'm so excited for you and I hope that everything goes well!
PS How about the "I sure hope there's time to get the epidural!" while having a contraction, and then a minute later after the contraction stops, "I hope they don't tell me it's nothing and send me home!"

John said...

Sorry, this is really Natalie Roberts! (I mean the one before!)

Jon and Chelle said...

ME TOO! The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "JoAnn looks SOOO GOOD!, is she really due this month??" I love your list! And, yes it's ok to tell your kids to climb a chair and get the raisins, they'll be more independent when they grow up =)

Olsen's said...

Poor lady you! You are in the very hard weeks! I'm so excited to find out what your having! You do look good and tiny for being so close!

Anonymous said...

Hi


Http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the one you need to sell your used products FREE and make money at home.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net 100% free service is all you need to sell your products to your local and/or international market..

Anonymous said...

I love nathanmcarthurfamily.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Anonymous said...


First Chicago Public Schools officials rejected Concept's application. The Illinois State Charter School Commission wisely stepped in and reversed that decision.

Then Concept needed a zoning change for the Pershing Road property. Though Ald. George Cardenas, 12th, backed the change, there was a last- minute [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Dodgers-16-Ethier-Blue-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-39/]Dodgers 16 Ethier Blue 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] attempt, apparently by jittery Emanuel administration officials, to yank the item from the Zoning Committee agenda. The zoning change passed late last month on a 7-3 vote after intense debate.

Why all the Sturm und Drang over a charter school in a neighborhood that welcomes it?

Because Mayor Rahm Emanuel and CPS leaders are locked in an emotional battle with the Chicago Teachers Union and some parents over the proposed closing of 53 elementary schools and a high school program. Parents are confused and angry about why some schools are closing. They're worried about their children's safety. Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis recently announced a voter registration drive, a not-so-veiled challenge to Emanuel and the aldermen.

Chicago [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Cardinals-5-Albert-Pujols-Blue-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-69/]Cardinals 5 Albert [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Reds-19-Votto-Navy-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-30/]Reds 19 Votto Navy 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] Pujols Blue 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] is closing schools because of city population losses, a heart-wrenching but necessary step to direct school spending on full, thriving, successful schools. It still has room to grow innovative charters.

We strongly back charters, as does Emanuel, because they offer parents more choices for their kids to learn, to excel. Many charters generate superior academic results. They're laboratories for innovation. They attract bright young teachers.

That's why parents choose to send their kids to top-quality charters like the Chicago Math and Science Academy, which is also run [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Yankees-42-Mariano-Rivera-red-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-68/]Yankees 42 Mariano Rivera red 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] by Concept Schools.

We urge the council to grant this zoning change. Not just because Cardenas tells [url=http://www.agoshow.net/Giants-55-Tim-Lincecum-Road-Cool-Base-Grey-2010-All-Star-Jerseys-79/]Giants 55 Tim Lincecum Road Cool Base Grey 2010 All Star Jerseys[/url] us the McKinley school will be a tremendous asset for parents and the neighborhood. And not just because Emanuel has given his blessing.

But because of the 750 kids who will get a chance, a choice. And the 750 who will come after them. And the 750 after them ...

One vote, aldermen. So many lives improved.


[url=http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/user/tammylleanne-723606/]more[/url]