Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Stolen...But Worth It

Well, I was off "blog hopping", and I found this quote. I love it! I think I have heard it before, or at least something similar. Here it is:

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is rough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise, life is like an old time rail journey,. . . delays, side tracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

First of all, I love President Hinckley. Such an inspiring man. He was counseled once in his life to "forget himself", and I think that is the basis of much of his counsel to us, and so many of our struggles today. We want for us. To an extent, I think it is necessary, but I think that we let it grow to more than that. Again, a great quote. Thank you, whoever you are, for posting it, and causing me to take a look at what I am expecting out of life. And, more importantly, who is to thank for all of it.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I love that quote too. I want to frame it or get it in vinly and have in somewhere in our apartment.

I'm so happy you guys are loving your new house. It's about time you had something permanent.