Thursday, January 3, 2008

Our New Baby

Well, actually Nate's new baby. Nate bought a 1992 Ford truck yesterday, and it has received more attention that any living portion of our family tonight! It is like we have adopted another member to our family, and Nate is going through the bonding stage. Giving it all sorts of TLC like new spark plugs, new spark plug wires, new shock for the lift gate (something that is on the back?), etc. Nate is out taking it for a "test drive" right now. I personally think that he is really trying to figure out a name for it, but wants to know that he picks just the right one. :)

Honestly, I haven't seen him so happy in a long time. I am not saying that he is not happy, because he is, but tonight he is giddy. As I watched him scrub at his hands to get all the black stuff off, I smiled. He loves to work. Nate has taught me that though. That hard work pays off with the pure satisfaction of knowing you put your all into it. It is a principle that he learned from his parents, and I am grateful to see how it has affected his life.








Another cute thing happened tonight. Bailey loves to be by her dad, no matter the cirumstances. Tonight was no exception. This is the conversation Bailey and I had just prior to the picture that was taken:



Me: Bailey, get inside it is freezing outside!



Bailey: No, no, no mom! I have my snow boots on. (I italicized snow because she drew it out like "duh"!)


The picture is kind of far away, but Bailey is wearing a strappy night gown (a hand-me-down lace cami from myself) and her Winnie the Pooh snow boots.



1 comment:

Jon and Chelle said...

Nate does look Giddy! How funny! He looks like a little kid at Christmas (is that how Bailey looked Christmas morning?) Anyways, the strappy sleep wear and SNOW BOOTS are quite the combo-through in a washcloth hat and she'll have it made. Can't wait to see you Thursday!