Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Perspective of a 3 Year Old




Bailey turned three this past Sunday (Sept. 2nd), and we can hardly believe it! She wanted a Tinkerbell party, that was her only request (I am sure that changes with age!), so she got it. Only now do I appreciate the elaborate cakes that my mom used to make to meet our "simple" suggestions. I asked Bailey a few questions about herself so that we could accurately remember this time in her life. Here it is (it her exact words...so no, they are not grammatically correct):


Favorite Color: Pink (and purple)

Favorite Person: Mmm...Jacob (this is her neighbor friend)

Favorite Song: I Looked Out the Window...Popcorn

Favorite Game: Matches

What do you want to be when you grow up? Tall

What is your favorite thing to eat? Macaroni and Cheese

What is your favorite thing to do with mommy and daddy? Play games

What is your favorite thing to do with Brinlee? Like to play rattles

Do you like going to church? Yep...I do. And wear my Belle dress.

What do you learn at church? Snack

Where are going to get married? In the temple


Another thing I love about 3 year olds is that they think that as long as what they say sounds like what they mean, then it means the same. For example, tonight as Bailey was saying her prayers, and I was helping her, we started with "Heavenly Father". Bailey, repeating me said "Harry Potter". I couldn't help but smile. Moments like these make parenting all too worth it.



1 comment:

emily said...

Yay!!! Welcome to blogdom! I am so happy to see such beautiful pictures of you all. I can't believe how old Bailey is. She will forever be about 18 months old to me. sniff sniff. We sure love you and miss you lots. Keep up the great posting...we love to hear all about your day to day so we don't forget you!