Monday, September 24, 2007

Sisters

I always try to find quotes to go with whatever I am writing, and after witnessing my daughters getting their pictures taken today I found two that fit. The first one:

Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer. ~Louise Glück
Now let me tell you which is which. Ever since Bailey was born she was smiling, flirting, and grabbing the attention of people around her. Today was no different. I believe that at one point she was flashing the camera (in her defense, she was only trying to show her bellybutton...)! She will pose, she will smile, she is my dancer.
Brinlee would sit on the stool, or in the chair, and we would sing, dance and wave anything and everything in the air, but her eyes followed Bailey as she ran around the yard with her cousin. Sometimes I would catch her watching me as I walked around thinking I was more of a distraction when I tried to help make her smile. And even when she did look at the camera, it wasn't to smile at it, it was a look that said "what are you doing?!", and then her eyes would wander some more. She is not a show off, she takes everything in, she is my watcher.
These girls are the light in both of their parents eyes. It is amazing to see two completely different people in them, knowing that they came from the same two people, and have been raised the same way. I know that these children have spirits in them that have had long before they were born. I love watching them develop as individuals, and yet grow close in the bond that they have as sisters. That leads me to the second quote, that I will end with:
The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. ~Cali Rae Turner

1 comment:

Salem said...

JoAnn!! I was so excited to see your blog...and see your adorable family! I love that blogs connect me to people that I would love to catch up with, but don't know how to contact them. Your girls are precious and I'm excited to check your blog often and watch them grow. It looks like you are doing great! You can see our family at www.morinfam.blogspot.com. Good luck with everything!